We are currently doing contactless curbside pick-up ONLY. Pick-up is in the back of Crumley Hall. Curbside hours for Fall 2020 are on Wednesdays from 4pm – 6pm, Thursdays 11am – 1pm & 4pm – 6pm, and Fridays from 11am – 3pm. Keep an eye on this website and our social media for an updated
Pick-up Week of December 7 - https://forms.gle/nYte6FkQdV64APuE6
STUDENTS CAN UTILIZE THE FOLLOWING DENTON COMMUNITY RESOURCES:
Denton Community Food Center
- 306 N. Loop 288, Suite 400 Denton 76209 940-382-0807 www.dentoncfc.org
- Food pantry, Drive Thru distribution model at this time, may receive food once per month.
- Monday & Wednesday 1pm-3pm
Our Daily Bread
- 300 West Oak Street Denton, Texas 76201(940) 566-1308 www.ourdailybreaddenton.org
- Community soup kitchen, serves lunch Monday through Saturday from 9am-12:45pm
- 1508 E. McKinney St. Denton TX (940) 566-3800 www.salvationarmydfw.org/p/locations/denton
- KARE Kitchen Breakfast: 6:00am -6:30am and Dinner: 6:30pm- 7:00pm
- Food Pantry: Wednesday/Friday - 1:00pm -3:45pm
- Emergency Night Shelter: The shelter opens at 5:00 p.m. and new intakes are registered on a first come-first serve basis.
We will re-open as soon as we can. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-565-2648.
The University of North Texas is taking action to address food insecurity among its students, and is doing so with a vision of partnership and community building. The Dean of Students Office has established a pantry that will provide an accessible on-campus food source for students in need. The food pantry launched at the start of the spring 2015 semester and is currently housed in the Diamond Eagle Resource Center in Crumley Hall.
Who It Serves
Any current UNT student in need
Donations are accepted in the Dean of Students Office (Union, Suite 409), Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, or call 940-565-2648 to arrange a pick-up. Targeted items needed include:
|Pasta Sides||Fruit Snacks||Canned Fruit||Instant Rice||Pudding Cups|
|Mashed Potatoes||Fruit Cups||Chef Boyardee||Canned Tuna||Muffins|
|Boxed Cereal||Microwave Popcorn||Chili||Crackers||Toiletries|
|Oatmeal||Canned Vegetables||Canned Beans||Granola Bars||Hygiene Products|
Additionally, partnerships have been established with various departments throughout the UNT campus to secure monthly donations. These units will conduct canned food drives within their departments and will donate items to the UNT Food Pantry during their designated month. The vision is for the UNT community to take a collective approach in addressing student hunger and take pride in the fact that together we can ensure that no student’s success is compromised because of food insecurity.
Any questions regarding the UNT Food Pantry should be directed to the address email@example.com.
Follow the Food Pantry