The Dean of Students Office enforces the Code of Student Conduct. The Code explains what conduct is prohibited, the process the university uses to review alleged violations, and the sanctions that can be imposed. When students may have violated the Code they meet with a university official to discuss the violation in an educational process.
View: Code of Student Conduct
Anyone can report alleged misconduct to the Dean of Students Office by calling 940.565.2039, emailing email@example.com, or visiting the office in Stovall Hall, suite 150.
Anyone who has experienced dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, sexual harassment, or sexual violence can contact the Dean of Students Office (940.565.2039), the Title IX Coordinator (940.565.2711), or the UNT Police Department (940.565.3000) to file a report. Assistance, support, and referrals to other support agencies are available regardless of any request for disciplinary action. Learn Morn: Where to Report Sexual Violence.
Forms for UNT applicants
The Dean of Students Office reviews admissions applications when the applicant discloses a criminal history. Having a criminal history does not automatically result in denial of admission. Each applicant is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Admission Clearance - Applicants with a criminal history must complete this form along with a supplement form for each crime.
- Admission Clearance Supplement Form - The supplement page allows applicants to give additional information about pending or adjudicated criminal charges. One page should be completed per crime, and submitted together with the admission clearance form.
- Admission Clearance-Correction of Error - Applicants who incorrectly said they have a criminal history can use this form to notify the university of the error.
Forms for Students Participating in the Conduct Process
- Student Statement form - Students accused of violating the Code have the option to submit a written statement to the Dean of Students Office.
- FERPA Authorization - Students who want the Dean of Students Office to discuss a conduct case with a third party can complete this form to give the university consent to share information
Forms for Students Requesting a Review of Their Case
- Request for Committee Review (Accused Student) - Students receiving a permanent record sanction from the Dean of Students Office can request a review of their case by the Committee on Student Conduct by completing this form.
- Request for Committee Review (Complaining Student) - In certain circumstances, students who filed a complaint with the Dean of Students Office can ask the Committee on Student Conduct to review the case by completing this form.
- Request for VPSA Review - In certain circumstances, an accused student or complainant can ask the vice president for student affairs to review their case by completing this form.
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader to view these files properly.