Reporting Sexual Violence

UNT Survivor Advocate -- Renee LeClaire McNamara

The UNT Survivor Advocate’s role is to connect students who have been impacted by violence to resources (counseling, health, safety, academics, legal, etc.), and act as their advocate. Renee can assist a student by filing protective orders, completing crime victim’s compensation applications (she has gone through presumptive eligibility training), contacting professors for absences related to an assault, working with housing to facilitate a room change (if needed), and connecting students to the many other resources that are available, both on and off campus.  She is here to help.  

The Survivor Advocate is also available to do presentations relating to sexual assault and intimate partner violence for groups, organizations, and classes. Additionally, if you are interested in getting involved with the prevention of sexual assault and intimate partner violence, please contact her.

Renee can be reached through email at or by calling the Dean of Students Office at 940-565-2648.

You are not alone.
You are never to blame.
We are here to help.